Sausage Plait with Sage and Onion
A traditional favourite, ideal for any child’s lunch box. Perfect served as a main meal with fresh vegetables.
1lb Pork sausage meat
1 box Paxo sage & onion stuffing mix (or similar)
1 x 375g block puff pastry
1 egg (to glaze)
1. Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6
2. Make up the stuffing as per the boxes instructions
3. Mix thoroughly the stuffing and the pork sausage meat in a mixing bowl.
4. Roll the pastry into a large oblong- approximately 25cm x 20cm
5. Place the sausage mixture down the centre of the long length of the pastry
6. With a sharp knife cut slits 3cm apart, 1cm away from the sausage mixture to the edge of the pastry, slanting away from you. Brush with beaten egg.
7. Starting at the end nearest to you, fold the pastry alternately over each other, to give a plait effect. Brush the top with beaten egg.
8. Place a sheet of baking paper on an oven proof tray and place the sausage meat plait on it.
9. Transfer to the centre of the oven for 40 minutes, reducing the temperature to 150degrees after 20 minutes
10. Serve in slices, hot or cold!
Click image to go to next recipe...